It's Latinx heritage month and in true Sip Shop Eat fashion we've curated 10 small Latinx businesses to spotlight:
1. Hija de tu Madre is one of our long time faves. This Latina owned brand was founded by Patty Delgado as, "a creative outlet that celebrates the complexities of being a product of more than one culture." We love their Latina Hoops and their "Make Heffa Moves," mug. The brand designs apparel, jewelry, original artwork, stationary and accessories. Also they're giving away $300 in swag when you text your number. You're welcome.
2. Rizos curls is also a cult favorite. The Los Angeles based, insta-worthy haircare brand was founded by Julissa Prado. The Brand was created as a result of her own struggle to find hair care products for her Latin curls. We love the brand for their full-range of products from all the essentials: shampoo and conditioner; to curl defining creams. What's more, we love Julissa's personal brand and irresistible personality. Give them a follow and more importantly, an add to cart.
3. Viva la Bonita. Okay so, we're obsessed with this brand. We've been following since 2018 or earlier. Mostly because we love, love love their apparel and their owner's contagious mompreneur, hustling, fighting spirit. Shop everything from statement tees, sweaters, and YES, Bucket hats.
4. A D'zine, has been a repeat vendor in the SSE virtual Pop-UP since July 2020! Her amazing lifestyle brand is not only chic but sustainable. Most of the jewelry pieces are designed from up-cycled vintage pieces that are inspired by the women who order them. Owner Melissa is a Mother of two and prides herself on giving back. Which is why a portion of all A D'zine sales go to a different non-profit every month.
5. Claudia Ramos Design’s, is an LA based graphic design studio. Ramos' shop features originally designed enamel pins, stickers, key chains and magnets. Claudia is a huge pop culture buff and loves to ensure her illustrations are relevant and meaningful. Her work has been featured in Voyage LA, Bustle, and BuzzFeed to name a few. You can also find her designs in the SSE Virtual Pop-UP.
6. Next on our list is Crafting for change. Crafting for Change is a Latinx owned small business that produces paper greeting cards, paper flowers, party decorations, and custom crafts. Crafting for Change is an advocate of having compassion for all, and every purchase goes towards their annual 5% donation to local organizations doing transformative work. We love their greeting cards. The next time you need a card remember to shop Latina at Crafting for Change!
8. Okay so we're a little bias but this next brand is our absolute favorite. It's called Cozy Cup. They are a New York based, Latina owned tea company that not only makes and sells premium tea but they host immersive Tea parties and will bring the tea party to you for any occasion. Our favorite tea is the Peach Calma Te. They also have lovely candles. We encourage tea lovers to try it!
9. Jen Zeano Designs is a recent SSE Instagram discovery. Proudly founded in Texas by Mexicana, Jen! The brand is nothing less than an immersive lifestyle brand making Latinas feel represented. Shop apparel, jewelry, accessories, swimwear and more.
10. So we're over Goya right? Even if we were not, Breukelen Rub is a pantry staple. This Latino family-owned spice company is serving up all the spices your food needs. If you're ever in Brooklyn, NY make sure you plan to go to one of their picnic style Pop-UPs. Everything they've ever made is so good.